Sergio Desousarosa, Warden
- Opened: 1992
- Average Facility Population: 1,018 (FY13)
- Operational Capacity (FY13): 1,006
- Annual Cost Per Offender (FY 13): $39,690
The John J. Moran Facility was constructed from 1990 to 1992, for a cost of $65,000,000; covers 29 acres; and houses sentenced adult male offenders who are classified as medium custody risk.
Moran Facility brochure
Moran Visiting Schedule Apr - Jun 10, 2017
Moran Visiting Schedule June 11th - Sep 2nd, 2017
- To provide clean, safe, secure, and humane housing for inmates assigned by the Department of Corrections' Classification process.
- Through staff interaction and programming, to provide opportunities for inmates to develop usable skills in order to explore their own potential for becoming law-abiding productive citizens of the community.
- To screen the behavior of inmates, to allow for further classification to more appropriate levels of confinement consistent with public safety.
- Through team effort and continuous training, to achieve a high level of professionalism which will allow staff to be more effective role models in their interactions with inmates.
Adult Basic Education (ABE), General Education Development (GED), College, Computer Literacy, Adkins Life Skills, Literacy Volunteers of America Program, Youth Basic Education, Creative Writing Class
Garment Shop, Soap Shop, License Plate, Upholstery, Auto Body Shop, Metal Fabricating Shop
Carpentry and Cabinetmaking, Barber Apprenticeship Program, Sheet Metal and Welding Class, New England Tech Automotive Classes, NEADS/Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans Prison PUP Partnership Program (Click here to link to a DVD on the NEADS Prison Pup Partnership or click here to link to the NEADS website.)
Substance Abuse Treatment Program, Victims of Sexual Abuse Counseling, AIDS Education and Counseling, Parenting Education, Murderers' Focus Counseling, Sex Offender Treatment Program, Lifeliners Suicide Prevention Group, Formal and Informal Recreation, Religious Services, Anger Workshop Class, Cognitive Self Change Program, Domestic Violence I and II Counseling, Spousal Support Group, Meditation Class, SCORE Program