Inmate Accounts

Send money to a RIDOC inmate online, over the phone or at one of our convenient deposit kiosks!

In an effort to improve the efficiencies and security regarding inmate deposits, Access Secure Deposits now offers the following payment options for family and friends of RI DOC Inmates:

Toll Free Phone Deposits
As low as $3.95

Internet Deposit
As low as $2.95

Click on to send money to your loved one today! Access Secure Deposits takes all MasterCard and Visa debit and credit cards. Additional information is also located on our website under Frequently Asked Questions.

Internet Website:

Phone Number: 1-866-345-1884

How is an inmate’s money accounted for?

Inmates (except in a few specific cases) are not allowed to have money on their person. All moneys that a person brings in upon commitment, all moneys earned while at prison/jail, and all moneys given to the inmate by family/friends are held in trust at the Department’s Inmate Accounts unit.

An inmate may purchase commissary items, subscribe to periodicals, and send money home by charging his/her accounts. Inmates have access to account balances via the kiosks.

Where is the Inmate Accounts unit located?

We are located in the John O. Pastore Government Center at 51 West Road, Cranston, RI 02920 (adjacent to the John Moran Facility [Medium Security]).

What are your hours?

Window hours are as follows: Monday thru Friday (closed State Holidays)
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM

Who can deposit money into an inmate’s account?

Depositor must be on the inmate’s visiting list in order to deposit funds into his/her account; however, a 30-day grace period is given to allow the inmate to put people on his list, during which time anyone can deposit funds. Inmates are allowed two "money purposes only" names on their visitor list on top of the allowable nine authorized visitors. These are intended for out-of-state family and friends who must pass a background check to be authorized to make deposits but are not able to visit.

Do I have to come in person to deposit funds into an inmate’s account?

No, deposits may also be made via mail or electronic/wire transfer.

How do I deposit via mail?

You may send a check, bank draft or money order to: RI Department of Corrections
Inmate Accounts Office
51 West Road, Bldg. 138
Cranston, RI 02920

Check /money order should be payable to RI Department of Corrections with inmate’s name and ID# on the memo line. (Note: if you send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address and we will send you deposit slips. Use of these deposit slips helps to insure that the funds are deposited in the correct account.)

How do I deposit via electronic/wire transfer?

The Department has a contract with Keefe Commissary Network who provide this service. This service provides the opportunity for you to go to a retail outlet in your neighborhood or to their website in order to make a deposit transaction. For more information, contact the toll-free number below.

  • Go to to make a deposit to an inmate’s account.

  • Download an Android or IOS app from your smart device.

  • Call toll free 866-345-1884 to speak to a representative 24/7. Bilingual representatives are available.

  • Go to a cash walk-in location. Visit to enroll and find a location near you. You can call 844-340-CASH(2274) for more information.

  • Utilize the Lobby Kiosk at the Travisono Intake Service Center.

  • Make a deposit in person at the Inmate Accounts Office, West Road (Bldg.#138), Cranston, RI between 9am and 11am or 1 pm and 3 pm.

Do I need identification to deposit funds?

Yes, a photo ID is required to make any deposit into an inmate's account.

What are acceptable forms of identification?

  • Driver’s license

  • State ID

  • Passport

Can I find out how much money is in an inmate’s account?

No, that information is only available to the inmate/account holder.

Can I find out who is on an inmate’s visiting list?

No, that information is private and confidential.

Who do I contact for more information?

Call the Inmate Accounts Unit at (401) 462-2670